My first finds were this Precious Moments prayer book and a cloth "Stand-up" lamb toy. There was a reason these items were packed away and forgotten about. Over three years ago I purchased these items, along with a gender-neutral polka dot blanket, when my husband and I had just begun trying for a baby. During that time, I was still foolishly believing that we would be conceiving within a few short months, and that we would have a baby in the near future. I bought those items in anticipation for something that wasn't to be.
Finding them years later still stung, because initially they brought about those memories of how confident I was that there would be a normal, successful pregnancy in my future. Now I look at those things and I say I am grateful I found them for the baby doll's, and I can turn them into something positive instead of a constant, sad reminder of my failures and let down.
Another find that made me very happy was another pair of PJ's I had COMPLETELY forgotten I ever got! Some years back I had done a project where I made a couple of those "corner standing" toddler statue/dolls. The one's that look like they're playing hide and seek, or in time out. I had purchased a couple of outfits for each doll, one a girl and one a boy. I had long since taken those dolls apart and the clothing had been folded and packed away, completely forgotten about. The PJ's were an ADORABLE pale pink Disney "Winnie The Pooh" design. They were sized 6 months, but after a hot water wash and heat dry, they fit the twins perfectly! For now, Emilyne is modeling :)
That find couldn't have been more perfect!
The boys outfit is just precious, and I will hold the shirt and socks aside for whenever I do get myself a little boy newborn, but I am thinking I can probably pair the little overalls with a pink shirt and use them on the twins :)
Here is Brianna with the polkadot blanket I found along with the book and lamb toy, which are also in her bed with her.. Glad to find a use for it :)
I am hoping my little Kohls mail order haul will arrive within the next day or two. I'm really looking forward to adding those cute items to my twins wardrobe! :)








No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.