Brianna has arrived two whole days early!!! :)
After the IVF consultation today, I really needed the pick-me-up. I came home frustrated and stressed from the overwhelming amount of hidden fee's and costs. Even though this place was significantly less out-of-pocket, all of the sudden payments consisting of large amounts of money expected on short notice are what is holding us back now. During a process like that, where a lot of it has to be done in a time restraint, HOW the hell can we handle the unexpected demands financially? I don't know yet.
We have a class scheduled for early April, but I'm afraid I may end up cancelling it because we are so overwhelmed trying to figure out if we can even make this happen within the next few months. Both my husband and I were/are just so mixed up at the moment, we need to let this settle in and then figure it out. But I don't want to go too deeply into that stuff anyway. I prefer to have this page to stay 95% away from that part of my life, and keep it mostly my "happy" place where things are a lot more simple. :)
What was really neat was how I walked around the corner to our door after the difficult morning we had, and THERE was the box just sitting there waiting for me! My first exclamation was; "Oh my god, she's here early!"
Underneath her dress, she wore adorable white pants with lacy bottoms topped with bows, and lacy-topped little white socks. No diaper, though :(
The silicone version on the left, and the original on the right.. Hard to tell in the photo, but the new silicone is noticeably bigger than my original!
It was surprising to find her here two days early, and I was really so happy. :) I rushed in with her and tore through the packaging to get to her and see what the new "Emily" is all about. :) I was really, really, REALLY impressed when I pulled her out of that box. Her skin compared to my original "Emily" is so much lighter, and they blushed her cheeks and forehead really nicely. There is a significant difference in skin-tone. My original Emily aka Emilyne is an olive tone, the new silicone version is more of a rosey flesh tone, and the silicone version is a bit larger than the old "Emily"! It's not easy to tell in the photo of them together, but the new silicone is significantly larger, especially her head. She has a larger scale head, forehead, her neck is longer, and the hair is most definitely different.
Her "skin" was SO COLD when I first unwrapped her and took her out of the box, I mean freezing! She's room temperature now that she's been inside for a while, it's really neat how silicone changes temperature like that depending on the environment. I cannot express how absolutely impressed I was with the skin softness and the paint job on her face and limbs (she only has hands/wrists and feet to a little above the ankle area). The only real complaint I have is her hair. Oy vey! It's pretty ca-ray-zee!! It's really short and wavy, so it automatically wants to fuzz out and poof into this crazy look that I haven't yet learned how I'm going to control. The rooting is really far spaced out and in my opinion that doesn't give it a more "realistic" look, so I'm not sure I'm pro rooted hair unless it's done really WELL!
And then there's the bow issue. :( Taking it out was a slow process, and even as careful as I was, it uprooted a few of the plugs. There was just NO avoiding it, the glue glob was all over the place, and it was so fixed to the scalp :( This was what I was left with, and it was like two or three plugs that I lost in the process, and the bald spot was the end result.
From Youtube video's I've watched, I knew what to expect with that, so I wasn't surprised. Just agitated that they chose to fix a bow to her head so permanently. How much more would it have cost in materials to make a cheap little headband to hold the bow instead? Many people change their dolls clothing, and the bow doesn't go with everything. Whatever.
Besides that, I am really pleased with her, and she is just adorable!! I corn-starched all of her silicone so that she won't be picking up every little fuzzy, lint, and hair in the vicinity and that made her even softer :) She does not smell like baby powder, like my first "Emily" doll does, so I'll be looking forward to getting the "Wonder Wafers" I ordered from Bountiful Baby so I can stick one in her body after I insert the heartbeat box :) I figured the BB order was going to arrive before Brianna did, but as it turns out, my BB order is due tomorrow.
Another thing that came to light is since Brianna is quite bigger than Emilyne, I will also need to find a significantly larger basket for her. Until then, her box will have to do, which I hate doing. :( But I can't imagine using one of the baskets I currently have that would most definitely cut into the back of her head.
Overall, this doll is just too cool! I cannot tell you HOW REAL Brianna feels, the whole silicone thing really is AMAZING to me. My husband was also quite taken aback by how real she feels. I still just adore my original vinyl version, Emyline, and she definitely has her own special points as well. She was a break-through in her time and I think it is SO cool to see the changes and advances they have made over the years in artistic doll-making. The silicone blows me away, how absolutely real it looks and feels!
Her legs and arms are also bendable/poseable, just like Emilyne's, and for me that was also a big plus. :)
I found an old pair of baby pj's on a non realistic doll that I've held onto since my childhood, and I decided to use to the pj's for Brianna's homecoming outfit until I have the means to shop for her and Emilyne. They're boyish, but she is remaining a girl! :) All in all, I wouldn't trade either of my girls in for the world! I can't wait to get hearts in these girls, and eventually belly plates! SO many plans, I don't know where to start. :)
Tonight I will be making a small opening on Brianna's chest in preparation for the heartbeat box. Tomorrow they will both have their hearts, and I will have another little haul to post about when the things I ordered arrive. I'm so thrilled that Brianna is here early, it's like someone out there knew I'd had a rough and LONG morning, and this was the perfect way to help lift my spirits. :)
Welcome home Brianna! :) <3 <3
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.